Thursday, December 8, 2016

Week 14 - The Last Week

For this last week, I created the design and CAD files for a wooden model to demonstrate the connections between the beams, which also included laser cut clamps and two different beam size (representing the main arch and the guide way supports). Unfortunately due to the very tight time constants I did not have the time to get the clamps design ready for the laser cutter, though the CAD should still be very helpful to demonstrate how they work. I also reused the parts from my my previous cardstock model to make three smaller models to show different sheet configurations, then I grouped up several files to show everything that I learned about how the beams worked over the semester.



Of course, the semester isn't completely over, and there are still a few things I must do. Firstly, I will sort through and upload all of my files to upload to the team google drive, which will then be uploaded to the general Superway Database. In addition, I will also have to put the finishing touches on my parts of the final report. Finally, during winter break I will also keep in touch with my group, and do whatever I can to help, as well as contact Banderbend to further improve my files and to get ready to turn them into real testable parts.


No comments:

Post a Comment