Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Week 2 - Getting Familiar With the Project

This was my first official week in the Spartain Superway Project. It required a lot of rushing for me get register to the class and finish the forms.

Apart from that, my main development was joining the Full Scale group. We exchanged information and access to the team blog. However, this did not leave much time during the class session to discuss or plan the project itself or how we should split responsibilities. In addition we were also briefed by one of the professors about the last year’s progress and a new construction technique that could dramatically improve or change the design.

Over the weekend, I looked over last year's report, focusing especially on the “Chapter 1: Intermediate Scale.” In addition, I considered several new design ideas to increase distance between supports, such as using cables in a manner similar to suspension or cable stayed bridge. Also, I looked into attaining a student copy of SOLIDWORKS, though it appears that it they do not give out free copies without a key. All in all, I will have much to talk about next meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment