Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Week 10 - A New Essay and Solidworks

This week I worked mainly on an essay for this class. I put in a lot of time and work into it, but unfortunately it took time away from the main project. In addition, unlike the first essay for this class it did not relate to the project (it had to do with how moble technology affects me and the world).

However, I also began designing a model in SOLIDWORKS to imitate a section of a track. The solid works assembly is in full scale (in feet), but the physical model that will be based on it will be 1/12 scale (so 1 inch=1 foot making conversions easy). The physical model will be made primarily from MDF as it will be easy to quickly manufacture in to the beams, but other materials may be used depending on the features we decide to include (IE 3d printed clamps or string cables).

Going into the next week, I will not only work on the SOLIDWORKS assembly, but I will also try making a new beam prototype out of laser cut folded paper parts and foam filling. However, I will need to find a thicker type of paper so that it will be sturdier and simpler to assemble, and I will use the super way building's sheet metal bender to make uniform bends.

No comments:

Post a Comment