Monday, May 22, 2017

2017/05/17 - Final Post

As my time for ME 195 is will conclude at Wednesday May 24, this post will include everything from the previous post onwards.

On Friday 19th, my group successfully finished our presentation, and had a chance to showcase the T-Support model with the 12th scale bogie to the other students and staff. I had to leave shortly afterward as my brother was graduating the following day.

Following this I worked on the final paper, Specifically the "Table of contents", "list of figures", "Description of your design" "Analysis/Validation/Testing" and "Procedure/Instruction Manual," as well as general formatting. This took much longer to do than I expected as I always found something else that I needed to add, but eventually I put the finishing touches in the early hours of Saturday May 20.

Of course, there was one more event: Maker Faire. My group had our own booth where we showcased and explained our models including the newly finished full scale stub from Vander-Bend! I assisted there for all of Friday and Saturday but could not attend Sunday. In addition, The 12th scaled group also gave us another spare bogie with a 3D printed podcar for the T-support model, was  super cool and really nice of them!





However, there is still one thing I need to finish. Although I have almost finished sorting my files from throughout the Spring semester, there were some errors in my SOLIDWORKS files (most importantly one of the laser cutter patterns and to a lesser degree the main assembly) that I would like to fix before I upload, in the chance a future group intends to refer to them. Due to my final exams on the 23rd, I intend to complete this on the 24th, which will still be before graduation.

In any case, I would like to thank everyone on the Spartan Superway for all of their hard work and support this past year: Dr. Furman, Ron, and Eric for letting me on the team and giving us guidance, my team for their hard work, the 12th scale group for the two bogies, and everyone for being so friendly and welcoming. In addition, I would like to also thank Dr. Youssefi for the 3D printed parts, Mr. Meininger for the laser cut parts, and my dad for helping me with the PVC and wood components. Finally, I would also like to thank our South African contact for lending us their information about the X-beams, and Vander-Bend for creating our Stub.

No comments:

Post a Comment