Friday, October 14, 2016

Week 7 - For Want of More Information

This week I attempted to learn more about the laser cutter and work more on the printable patterns
I wanted to know more about the laser cutter on campus, such as the times that it could be accessed as well a technical information (the program that is needed to interface with it, bed size and if possible the laser diameter). Unfortunately, the  TAs were not very responsive to my e-mail, though because one of my group mates knew them personally so she was able to get most of the needed information.

Also, the reference SOLIDWORKS object that that was given to us was poorly dimensioned, so I began to make my own version, which could be more easily resealed and patterned for the laser cutter and for general reverence.

Going forward, I will finish the SOLIDWORKS object for next session and create a few more concept designs for supports. Lastly, I will download the laser cutter program  as soon I know which one.

No comments:

Post a Comment