Thursday, October 20, 2016

Week 8 - Significant Developments

This week I began to make a lot of progress on the laser cutter. For one, I finished making the profile of the cuttout after many iterations, and even managed to make it able to be automatically rescaled. In addition, I not only installed the driver to the Epilog Helix laser cutter, I also managed to enter to enter the mechatronics lab where I got the managed to make my laptop connect to the laser cutter. Unfortunately, I do not have access to CorelDRAW on my laptop, so when I tried use SOLIDWORKS and AutoCAD to print and air run of the profile, it was not successful.

Another major development this week is that I proposed to my group as well as the supervisors that we should change our group description from "Full Scale" to Beam Design and Supports, and it appears to be approved by both parties. Basically, I realized that due to the new and experimental nature of the beams and ambiguity of the support system as a whole, it would not be cost or time effective to make a full scale model this year.

For next week, I will aid my group in making our upcoming presentation and I will also try to make the laser cutter work correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment